Tuesday, January 12, 2010

5 of my favourite things

Hi all! These are some of the things that make my house (ok it's a condo, not a house) feel like a home. I had 10 favourite things but I didn't get all the pics done on time, so I'll post my other 5 favourite things next week.

In no particular order, here they are:

Alarm Clock
It stopped working a couple of years ago & now the store that sold it to me is shut down :( I'm going to find a repair shop for it because I love the tick tock tick tock sound it makes.

French Tickler
Ok this might seem like an odd choice but I honestly just love the fluffy softness & the beautiful fusion of colours. I still don't have the ideal "container" to place it in, but I'll find one eventually.

Chinese Storage Box
I went through a period where I was so in love with all things Chinese. I still love Chinese art work but I have expanded my horizons. I have a much larger version of this box that I will never part with either.

Framed Ballet Picture
I'm actually not sure where I bought this picture. I always wanted to be a ballerina, & this picture just makes me feel happy :)


Witch's Ball
I think this is called a Witch's Ball. My good friend Suzy gave this to me as a gift & I hang it by the window (as you can see). When the sun comes shining through, the colours trickle around the room.


The other 5 things coming up next week!

2 comments:

  1. Oh thanks so much Shella!!! I love your witch's ball especially.

    I just really recently did a post on this over at paloma's La Dolce Vida so I probably won't do a post on it again right now but I so appreciate your including me!! Glad to also finally stop over & check out your great blog!! THANK YOU!!!
    xoxo,
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no problem! I thought I might have seen a list of sorts on one of your blogs! My list of ten things about me isn't up yet actually, its going to be put up tomorrow on my Satellite Dreams 'N Other Things blog (its just 10 random things about me).

    Anyway, thanks for the compliments :)

    ReplyDelete