Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Dollar store door hooks

So for a time, when I had virtually no furniture (and zero dressers), I had a bunch of stuff laying around & nothing to put it in. I was also on a budget & didn't have time to make a storage creation that I would have beautified my home.

One day I went to the dollar store & found these decent looking hooks for $1.50 each (cdn) & bought 8 of them. It's a no-brainer but I honestly didn't know the dollar store has some cute little useful things like this. Anyway, it helped to declutter my place big time.

Since then, I've fortunately moved & do have furniture (yay for furniture!). I still use the hooks because they just keep things out of the way.





This is how the hooks look on the other side of the door (but they're silver - the pic makes them appear black).



I know this looks horrendous but hey its working for now! The black backpack is dirty from my recent skating trip - whoopsy.

When this door is shut, I don't see any of these bags which is nice. The room it opens to is my storage "locker".



This one is holding random things - hats, bags, work tag.



This one is holding my scarves & head bands. Please tell me how you store your headbands :)



I need a new shower cap. Last time I dyed my hair, I used the shower cap & it's never been the same. Anyway, this bathroom door keeps a couple of necessities on hand.


So as you can see, these hooks are pretty helpful! Eventually I will look for some higher end ones to replace these but I don't see myself eliminating them completely. They costed me a total of $12.00 (cdn).

Thanks for reading & I'm always welcome to suggestions!

P.S. ~ My apologies for the low quality of these photos. My camera is a dying breed, & I'm saving for a new one. In the mean time I will be sure to take photos in the day time only as the ones above were taken at night & are extremely dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment