Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hello! & my 1st project post ~ Decorating a Journal (for kids!)

Hiya! I'm Michelle a.k.a 'Shella' (my neice coined the name & it totally stuck!). I started a health / beauty blog over the Christmas holidays & have also been toying with the idea of starting a new craft / home projects blog. Since blogging is something I wanted to be sure I could commit to as a regular routine, I was hesitant to create a second one at the same time. Then, just a few days ago someone suggested that I get into this interest of mine now, as she believed I would have a knack for it. Do I have a knack for these projects? I honestly have no idea just yet. However, I do love art, in almost any form.

So I took the bull by the horns & started this blog because I know it will kick start my butt into gear.

I anticipate that most of my projects will be inexpensive & very easy to do. I'm the farthest thing from a pro so my ideas will always be open to suggestions & feedback. I'm just learning like the next person, but it's nice to think I might inspire someone (including myself).

I will try to update this blog as often as possible. I've commited to updating my health / beauty blog daily (so far so good) because I simply have more ideas for that one. So I guess we'll see how this one goes!

Thanks for reading & I hope you enjoy my first, super duper simple & cheap project:

This journal is from Chinatown. The stickers are from the dollar store. The pictures & letters are from old magazines. I used a special craft glue from a craft store (ask a rep to suggest the best one), but you can use any glue...just be aware that the 'regular' lower priced ones can often distort the paper.

Cover:



What I dreamed last night...



Inside Cover: I just stuck some stickers & magazine cut outs on there.



I love this paper:



Inside back cover:



"You run. Your worries can't keep up. It's not complicated."


So there you go - nothing fancy, but fun to do with the kids on a cold winter day when there's nothing else to do. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment