Tuesday, January 19, 2010

5 of my (other) favourite things

Last week, I posted 5 of my favourite things. I wanted to post 10 of my favourite things but didn't have enough time to take the pictures. So here is installment #2 of some of the things that make my condo feel like home.

One of the most appealing things about these items is how unique some of them are. I just love having things that are rare or totally original.

New York Painting

When I visited my very good friend Melissa & her husband in New York in 2009, her father brought this painting to her house. He works for the telephone company & someone actually discarded this. She didn't want it, so I gladly took it. I just love guessing what the meaning behind it is. If you look closely, the Statue of Liberty is holding the phone book!

I will be posting again on this painting when I re-frame it, as the current frame is just cheap plastic & doesn't fit properly (at least it protects it).



Couch Cushions

I love pillows & cushions! They just cozy everything up, are useful & totally adorable! I have more of them, but these are my favourite ones. The brown one on the left has stripes on the other side of it. The one on the very front only costed $4.99 in China Town.



'Relax' Sign

I got this wooden sign in a little town called Elmira. Elmira has all kinds of great shops that have one-of-a-kind stuff for your home. I just want to go and spend a week shopping there. Honestly, every time I look at this sign sitting on my fridge, I feel myself relax..



Rotary Phone

I love old & new, but nothing beats old things sometimes.. Among these old things are old telephones. The previous owners of my condo left this phone behind & I was ecstatic. Although it's not the cutest phone in the world, it's genuine. I use this in my bedroom, & I'll tell you that it definitely has a different sound to it than the modern phone. I wanted to repaint it but I don't think it can be done (if I ever find out how, I'll post it). The table this phone is sitting on is one of my future projects by the way...just look & see how badly it needs to be cared for (another antique of mine!).



Coffee Storage box

I bought this box at Michael's craft store because I wanted to someday decorate my future living room around the concept & colours of this box. The box is now sitting in my living room, & my budget is waiting to be able to reach my living room dream. I promise I will post when this happens!



I would really love to know what some of your favourite things are. What makes your house a home?

No comments:

Post a Comment